Thursday, June 26, 2014

WHEN YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE UNKNOWN, STATE WHAT IS KNOWN!

Last week while I was having a conversation with a friend, the above quotation was said. My mind is always picking out quotes from all over the place, be it a movie, sermon, a conversation, anything. And they usually stay with me. So this particular one stuck as he said it. In fact, I paused for a minute after he said it because it really struck me. It felt like a revelation, lol.
 
The quote was used in reference to the Lord. There are so many times we may not understand various things in our lives, e.g, why we are going through this difficult moment, why we failed though we worked so hard, why this and that isn't panning out and so on and so forth. In moments such as this, let us take a minute and state what we know about God. Such as:
 
  • I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
  • The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me? Hebrews 13:6
  • And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6  
  • They who wait for the lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (One of my favs) Isaiah 40:31
These and many more are the promises that hold true from the Lord. So whatever we may be experiencing, lets state what we know of the Lord and what promises He has made to us. Even though we may still not understand our circumstances, these truths will give us peace that the Lord is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment