Tuesday, December 31, 2013

LOOKING BACK AT 2013! LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

                                                            Isaiah 55:8-9

                                                             King James Version (KJV)
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 
This year has been so eventful, with so many ups and downs. It almost feels as if its been the most eventful year of my life and the passage above I feel has been the lesson of the year. I began the year on a different path and ending the year on another. But through it all, the Lord never ceases to amaze me. Starting the year, I think my biggest goal apart from serving the Lord with all my being this year, was to get my Legal Practitioners Practicing Certificate. Yet again I can say the Lord has been faithful, because beyond even my wildest dreams I only failed one course. I experienced my first car accident, always wondered how that would be like (crazy I know). I experienced being really sick, getting a drip and all (twice for that matter), getting a pay raise, losing a loved one, making new friends, taking risks and the list is endless. All in all, one thing that I have learnt is something my mother has said to me in the recent past, "Thank God for everything because there is a reason for everything He allows to come in your life".
 
I am so grateful for all of 2013 and another lesson that rings forth in my head is something I feel the Lord has been telling and showing me throughout this year; 'TRUST ME!!!'  So as 2013 comes to a close, I thank the Lord for it all and I am going to trust Him for 2014. The year passes by so quickly sometimes but I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment