Wednesday, December 4, 2013

ACCIDENTS

Accidents have a way of putting things in perspective and making you think more about your life. I was involved in a car accident with two of my siblings and little nephew on the 8th of November. Two amazing things happened during the accident:

1. The calmness I felt whilst it was happening. I was driving and I remember thinking, "I'm going to be hit" and when I was hit," Oh my goodness, I have been hit, need to step on the brakes". I would like to think I brought the car to a stop but I know I didnt. That car stopped because the Lord had planned even before I was born that the car would stop. I was definitely shaken afterwards but while I still had my hands to the steering wheel and trying to control the car, I was so calm.

2. It's as if we were glued to our sits. My sister in the back together with her little boy hadnt gotten round to wearing their seat belts and so she hit the door but just mildly and my nephew didnt move an inch. My sister and I in the front seat were also just fine. No scratches or bruises, nothing, all of us were safe and sound.

Towards the close of day as we were talking about the accident with our mum, she said, "That's why we should never get behind the wheel without asking the Lord to protect us". This statement remained with me and reminded me, which the accident had already done, that God is in control. It's been said that the one appointment we will never miss is the death appointment. SO TRUE!!! When it's time to go, it's time to go. In the meantime, what I'm I doing for my Lord. I'm I ready to meet Him and account for my life here below? What will I have to show for it? When my time comes, I want to have lived a life that is pleasing before my Lord. To go to Him knowing that I will be received with open arms saying, "Well done my good and faithful servant". As at now, I know I am far from that goal and I want to live striving to attain a holy and pleasing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment