Thursday, September 5, 2013

MY JOURNEY THROUGH THE SERVANT SONGS

I am now at a point where the lessons are drawing me to the manner in which Jesus was a Servant. The manner in which He operated as a Servant and my thoughts have been drawn to one quality of my Lord that I rarely think about and consider; His sensitivity.

Isaiah 42:3 rcords,                                         
"a bruised reed he will not break,
and a faintly burning wick he will not quench;
 he will faithfully bring forth justice."
ESV


I am sure I have read this passage before but never would I have thought it points to the quality of the Lord as being sensitive. But when you consider the first two lines, it really hits you- a bruised reed He will not break and a faintly burning wick He will not quench. I found it amazing when I considered it in this manner.

Additionally, Matt 9:36 records,
"When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."
ESV


This too shows the sensitivity of the Lord to the people who were before Him.

One area which the writer of the devotional has pointed to is being sensitive in the manner we treat those who are heartbroken or going through problems. I must say when I think about how I have treated someone going through a problem or who was heart broken in the past, I am shown that I totally sucked. I always tell myself that I am pathetic when it comes to such things but that is no excuse. I ought to be sensitive towards such people and treat them with the same love and compassion that my Lord has set as an example for me. Oh, how I pray that I will do better when faced with such situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment