Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Whatever Experience you will face tomorrow, the Lord is training you today!"

I was having a chat with my sister during the course of this week that's almost ended and I was telling her my worries about being  able to run a home when I got married. I was saying to her that I felt I needed to live on my own before I got to be a wife and live with a husband. And she said to me that I did not need the experience of living on my own per se because whatever  experience I will face tomorrow, the Lord trains me today.


How true that statement was for me. It was a calming statement to hear because it reminded me that the Lord is in control and I  need not worry. It was a reminder that the Lord is training me each day and prepares me each day for the next day. It reminded me that by the time I  am getting to that day, when it pleases the Lord to have me married, I will be prepared because the Lord would have prepared me.
The scripture that comes to mind is the well known passage in Matthew chapter 7 vs 25-34 which calls for me not to worry about tomorrow because the Lord is in control and has tomorrow in his hands. It calls for me to simply relax and wait upon the Lord.
How lovely it is that God has our lives under his wings and we need not worry. Therefore, "Whatever Experience you will face tomorrow, the Lord is training you today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment