Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"ONLY WHAT'S DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST!"

My boyfriend and I were invited for lunch one afternoon by some friends. It was what we can call, 'a double date' because our friends were a couple. While we were chatting, the other girl expressed how she felt that where she was working she wasn't achieving anything and was looking for a job where she can be fulfilled. My boyfriend in commenting to what she had said mentioned that, 'only what's done for Christ will last'. 
The statement got me thinking, that I have so many desires career wise such as, 'I would love to make Judge some day' but do I ever stop to remember that the only thing that matters is Christ. Therefore, I may have all these dreams but I should never lose sight of the fact that I am a pilgrim on a journey to heaven. Thus, whatever I aim to be, I should aim to glorify Christ because only what is done for Christ will last. I may be a billionaire, have houses all over the world, end up being queen but all those are of no importance because they fade. The Bible says in Matthew 6: 19-21,
                              "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth
                               and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store
                               up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do 
                               not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For
                               where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
As the above passage states, there is no point in storing up treasures here on earth where moth and rust destroy. Amassing wealth without Christ is meaningless, we ought to store up treasure in heaven and one way of doing so is by glorifying Christ in all that we do. So whatever plans we may have on this side of life be it career wise or generally, let us remember that only what is done for Christ will last. True fulfilment is in Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment